The Shell credit card is designed for frequent users on Shell. Shell is one of the "seven sisters" of the oil industry and is still an important competitor in the fields of oil, energy, chemical industry, and solar energy. Shell has five core businesses, including exploration and production, natural gas and electricity, coal gasification, chemical industry, and renewable energy. Shell has branches or businesses in more than 140 countries and regions around the world.Shell Credit Card offers six kinds of credit card. They cover the main business of the brand. As for the specific situation of the cards, we will elaborate on it in the following text.
- Pay-at-the-pump convenience - Save time at thousands of locations nationwide.
- Manage your account online - Review unbilled charges and current statements, and make and schedule your payments.
- Keep track of fuel purchases separately - Perfect for tracking your budget. Also helps keep your credit open for big ticket purchases.
The Shell Platinum MasterCard helps cardholders save money on gas and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.Shell also offers another consumer card, the Shell Drive for Five Card. There are also several business options: the Small Business Card, the Fleet Navigator, and the Fleet Plus.See how the Platinum MasterCard compares to the Drive for Five card in our Review of the Shell Drive for Five Card and Platinum MasterCard.
The Shell Small Business Card offers some account management options for business owners. You can also select which gas stations your employees fuel up at.
The Shell Fleet Navigator Card is designed to be issued to a fleet of drivers, letting them purchase gas and supplies at Shell and participating Jiffy-Lube locations.For a similar card that offers rebates and requires you to pay off the balance every month, check out the Shell Fleet Plus Credit Card.
The Shell Fleet Plus Credit Card is a charge card, designed to be issued to a fleet of drivers, letting them purchase gas and supplies at Shell and participating Jiffy-Lube locations. Each month, a rebate is offered to reduce the cost of gas; the more money spent, the bigger the rebate will be.
The PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature Card offers reward points as well as travel assistance.
The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi offers cash back for a variety of different types of purchases, including a relatively high reward for gas purchases.You’ll need a Costco membership to be eligible for this card, and you can use it to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted. This card can also be used as your Costco membership ID.To redeem your rewards, you’ll receive a coupon in the mail each year in your February billing statement. You’ll need to take the coupon to a Costco, where you can use it for purchases or redeem the balance in the form of cash or a check.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express® has got a lot going for it. Though it comes with an annual fee of $95, you can get a $200 statement credit when you spend $1,000 in the first three months to help offset the cost. There is also a Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express® (Review) version of this card with no annual fee, but lower reward earnings.
- Accepted at over 175,000 locations nationwide with competitive rebates when purchasing fuel at thousands of BP locations nationwide
- Save up to 6 cents per gallon on fuel purchases at BP locations
- Earn rebates up to 6 cents per gallon based on monthly fuel purchases at Chevron and Texaco locations
- Accepted at over 175,000 fueling locations with maximum rebate earnings when your drivers choose Chevron and Texaco
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time, earn 60,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to four companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications, car rental merchants and at gas stations
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint® for all other purchases.
- Redeem Starpoints® for free nights at over 1,300 hotels & resorts in over 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights. Some hotels and resorts have mandatory service charges.
- Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases and $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earning unlimited 2% cash back could mean thousands of dollars each year going back into your business
- Plus, a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
- Use Spark Cash across all your business spend, with no categories to limit your purchasing
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $59 after that
- Rewards won't expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem your cash back for any amount
- Get employee cards at no additional cost, and earn rewards from their business spend
Shell Credit Cards are designed to enable consumers to shop more conveniently and safely while allowing them to enjoy preferential activities and discounts from businesses.
With no annual fee and opportunities to save on every gallon of fuel, both cards offer compelling benefits for those looking to save on gas purchases at Shell. Each card offers the opportunity to save on fuel at Shell stations, so if you are looking to save on gas and regularly purchase fuel from Shell, either card can save you money. The best card depends on your own unique needs.
The Shell Drive for Five Card is best for someone looking for a simple card with simple rewards that work only for fuel purchases.
The discount of 5 cents per gallon, which applies every single month, is credited to your account at the end of the billing cycle in which the purchases post.
Shell Drive for Five Card
The main advantages of Shell Drive for Five Card are:
1. Pay-at-the-pump convenience - Save time at thousands of locations nationwide.
2. Manage your account online - Review unbilled charges and current statements, and make and schedule your payments.
3. Keep track of fuel purchases separately - Perfect for tracking your budget. Also helps keep your credit open for big-ticket purchases.
Shell Platinum MasterCard
The main advantages of Shell Platinum MasterCard are:
1. Earn 10¢ off each gallon if you spend $500 to $999.99 per billing cycle
2. Earn 15¢ off each gallon if you spend $1,000 to $2,499.99 per billing cycle
3. Earn 20¢ off each gallon if you spend $2,499.99+ per billing cycle
Earn no discounts if you spend less than $500
Shell Fleet Plus Credit Card
The main advantages of the Shell Fleet Plus Credit Card are:
1.Earn gas rebates depending on how much your fleet spends each month:$0 – $299.99 = No Rebate,$300 – 3,499.99 = $0.03 per gallon..
Whether to get one Shell credit card or not? If you have a teen driver and want to pay for the gas, for example, this is a good choice to save a few bucks while paying for your kid’s fuel. And you don’t have to worry about spending going on anywhere else.
The Shell Platinum Select Mastercard is best for someone who wants a new credit card for regular spending and wants to save on fuel at the same time. But if you spend less than $500 on the card in a billing cycle, you get no fuel savings the following billing cycle.
If you like simple, go with Shell Drive for Five Card. If you want a new full-time card for daily use, Shell Platinum Select® Mastercard is the better choice.
If you drive a lot, whether for work or personal reasons, the cost of frequent trips to gas stations will increase quickly.
According to the U.S. Energy Information Agency, the national average price of gasoline is more than $2.50 a gallon. According to the Bureau of Labor. in 2016, the average household spends nearly $2,000 on gasoline and fuel.
If you're tired of running out of your hard-earned money with gasoline, Shell credit cards may be perfect for your needs.
However, a rewards credit card that offers rewards program on everyday purchases, especially a card that offers higher rewards for gas, might be a better fit for you. If Shell credit cards are not the most appropriate, you can take a look at the Alternative credit card list.