If you are as crazy about sports as we are, you probably have a team loyalty credit card or are thinking of getting one. Using a sports credit card is not only a great way to show support for your team, it can also be your ticket to discounts on team merchandise and even game tickets.Whether it’s your favorite league or your favorite team, you can use a sports credit card to proudly display what you’re passionate about. Some sports cards come with great perks like cash back rewards, 0% intro APRs or even special promotions on sports tickets, merchandise and more.
- Additional 2.5% discount on all merchandise†
- 1 Point/$1 outside The Guide on gas, groceries, hotels, travel and more**
- $10 Rewards Certificate for Guide merchandise with every 1,000 points earned
- $40 Rewards Certificate when you spend $500 outside Sportsman's Guide in the first 90 days*
Earn a $10 Reward every time you earn 300 points.Get access to special discounts, coupons and giveaways.Save your information, so you can quickly make your purchase.You’ll be the first to know about exclusive gear.
- No Activation or Direct Deposit Fees
- No Monthly Fee w/ Pay as you go plan
- Cashpass Mobile App w/ Check Cashing
- Bill Pay, Text and Email Alerts
- Earn 1.5% cash back on purchases
- Receive a statement credit automatically every time you earn $25 in cash back
- Rewards earned never expire!
- A one-time $50 automatic statement credit when you spend $500 in the first 3 billing cycles
- No Annual Fee
- New! Free Social Security Number alerts, we%u2019ll monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.*
- You could turn $150 into $300 with Cashback Match™. Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you%u2019ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, Amazon.com, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- No annual fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
- Earn 5% cash back on your first $3,000 in gas and military base purchases annually on these categories combined. After that, earn 1% for the remainder of the year.
- Earn 2% cash back on your first $3,000 on supermarket purchases per year. After that, earn 1% for the remainder of the year.
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Enjoy no foreign transaction fees when you travel outside of the United States
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase with no rotating categories or enrollments to keep track of
- 10% Purchase Bonus on your earned cash back rewards when you make at least one purchase every month for six consecutive months or more
- 10% Relationship Bonus on your earned cash back rewards and Purchase Bonus when you direct deposit them in a Citizens Bank personal checking, savings or money market account
- Take advantage of both bonuses to earn 1.8% cash back
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 12 billing cycles, thereafter a 14.99%, 17.99% or 20.99%, variable APR based on your creditworthiness
- Variable purchase APR of 14.99%, 17.99% or 20.99% applies from account opening based on your creditworthiness
- No annual fee*
- No foreign transaction fees
- No penalty APR for late payments
- Extended Warranty Protection doubles the original manufacturer%u2019s or store brand warranty for up to two years
- Price Protection for 120 days from purchase
- Concierge Services
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Trip Interruption Insurance
- MasterRental Insurance for collision, loss or damage
- Zero Liability Protection against unauthorized purchases
- Travel accident and baggage delay insurance
- 24/7 online account management
- Make purchases using Apple Pay%u2122 in-store and in-app with participating merchants
- Up to 21-day grace period on all purchases
- Balances count toward Circle Gold checking monthly combined balance
- Year-end summary statement
When searching for a credit card, it’s important to look at the features and terms and conditions. As always, pay attention to things like annual fees and interest rates. Seek out great rewards, too — things like cash back, rewards points you can easily redeem toward other purchases and security features that can protect you in case your credit card is lost or stolen.
There’s little harm in using a credit card just because it has your favorite team’s logo on it, but most of the time there’s very little benefit other than some minor discounts. By choosing the most competitive product, rather than the one with your favorite team’s logo, sports fans can get the most value from their credit cards.
From Major League Baseball to the NFL, NHL, PGA and NASCAR — there’s a credit card offer for every type of sports fan. But just like all credit card offers, it’s important to look past the logo and focus on the card’s terms and conditions.
Whether it’s a unique fan experience or discounted tickets and team merchandise — sports affiliated credit cards can be enticing offers. However, when you’re considering getting a new credit card you should try to make your decision on the financial benefits and try to avoid being swayed by team loyalty. Instead, focus on finding a credit card rewards program that helps you build reward points you will actually use.
1. Save Money
Sports credit cards’ rewards might help you save money, especially if a sizable chunk of your budget goes toward team gear and paraphernalia. Some cards might offer you extra cash back on purchases made at grocery stores or gas stations, others offer extra bonus points or discounts when shopping for team gear. Some cards may even offer both.
2. Rack up Rewards
Some sports cards offer special introductory offers that could allow you to earn extra rewards, such as $100 in cash rewards or 10,000 bonus points when you spend $500 within the first 90 days.
3. Show Love for Your Team
Whether you’re a fan of baseball, basketball or hockey, there’s a card to help you show your love for the sport. Some cards allow you to customize your card with your favorite team’s colors and logo.
4. Keep Your Card and Credit Secure
With the growing rates of credit card fraud, security features are worth looking at before signing onto any card. Features like zero-liability guarantees in case of fraud and the ability to lock your card when it goes missing can make all the difference—and eliminate a lot of hassle—if your card is lost or stolen.
Cardholders who carry debt should avoid all rewards cards, including these, and seek products with the lowest interest rate. Furthermore, those who pay their entire balance in full each month should seek to maximize the value of their rewards. Therefore, cardholders need to ask themselves if the rewards they receive from these sports-affiliated cards offer the most value available.
For example, the NFL Extra Points card offers two tickets to any game for 25,000 points, earned from spending $25,000. That same amount spent on Capital One's new Quicksilver card, which offers 1.5 percent cash back on all purchases, would earn cardholders $375. If those two tickets are worth more than $375, then it will be worthwhile for fans to hold that card. Football fans know that the going rate for tickets will all depend on a number of factors like how well their team is doing, how big their city is, and when the game is occurring.