If you're like most families, one of your biggest monthly expenses is groceries. One of the best ways to save on groceries is to use a credit card that offers rewards for your supermarket purchases. These are the best cards that offer the best rewards for your supermarket trips.
INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. There's no signing up. And no limit to how much is matched. . Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - automatically. . Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire. . 100% U.S. based customer service. . Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more. . Receive FREE Social Security number alerts-Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up. .
- Get 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99% based upon your creditworthiness*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer
- Citi? Price Rewind searches for lower prices online for 60 days for your registered purchases: you can get back up to $500 per item and $2,500 a year*
- $0 liability on unauthorized purchases and Citi? Identity Theft Solutions
- No annual fee*
- Free access to FICO? Scores*
- The ONLY card with No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee%u2026EVER
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.99% - 24.99% based on your creditworthiness*
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- The same great rate for all balances, after the introductory period
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day %u2013 just say %u201Crepresentative%u201D
- Enjoy the convenience of setting up your own bill payment schedule on any available due date throughout the month
- New! Free Social Security Number alerts, we%u2019ll monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.*
- You could turn $150 into $300 with Cashback Match™. Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you%u2019ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, Amazon.com, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- No annual fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
- Earn cash back twice on every purchase with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus an additional 1% as you pay for those purchases.
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.49% - 24.49% based on your creditworthiness
- Click 'Apply Now' to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases.
- No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee*
- 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles. After that, a variable APR currently 10.99% - 22.99%
- Great Offer for Customers of U.S. Bank, a 2017 World's Most Ethical Company? - Ethisphere Institute, March 2017
- No Annual Fee
- Flexibility to choose a payment due date that fits your schedule
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your U.S.Bank Visa? Platinum Credit Card. Certain terms, conditions, and exclusions apply.
If you spend a lot on groceries, the best card for earning rewards on grocery/supermarket purchases will be one that delivers the most rewards for the amount you spend. You’ll have to start by estimating how much you spend annually and do the math.
For example, spending $6,000 on groceries with the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express and earning 6% cash-back delivers $360 in total cash-back. You’d need to spend $18,000 on a 2% cash-back credit card to earn the same $360.
Credit cards that reward purchases at supermarkets do so by giving you cash-back, points, or miles for spending money on the credit card for those purchases.
For example, if you have a credit card that pays 3% cash-back on groceries and you spend $200 on groceries, you’ll receive cash-back of $6.
Many credit cards that reward grocery purchases also reward other spending such as at gas stations, department stores, and restaurants.
Over the course of a year, you could earn several hundred dollars in rewards just for the spending you’re already doing.
Since nearly everyone goes grocery shopping frequently, getting a card that offers rewards for groceries is a no-brainer.
But, there’s also credit cards that offer gas rewards, travel rewards, low APRs, etc. Pair one of these with the cards below and you’re sure to earn cash back on just about everything you spend on.
It is possible to get a credit card even if you have bad credit. Secured credit cards are designed specifically for those who have no credit or bad credit.
Because you’ll be building or re-building credit, the credit card issuer requires you to put down a security deposit that they will hold while they extend credit to you.
Fortunately there are secured credit cards that do offer rewards. We have mentioned one of them, the SunTrust Secured Credit Card, in the article.
First, credit cards that reward supermarket purchases are not limited to earning rewards on those purchases. Reward bonus categories will likely include more purchase options that earn rewards. This is a good thing.
While we’re focusing on earning the most rewards for grocery/supermarket spending, to maximize earnings, your credit card selection should have additional earning potential that matches your other spending priorities.
When selecting a credit card that earns grocery spending rewards, you’ll want to consider the following:
1. Does the card have an annual fee? Just because a credit card charges an annual fee doesn’t mean you should pass on that card. You might realize benefits that far exceed the value of the annual fee.
2. Is there a sign-up bonus? Sign-up bonuses add significant value. They can usually be earned after meeting minimum spending amounts in the first few months after card approval, but each offer will differ.
3. Are rewards capped at a certain amount? If so, you’ll want to calculate how much you’ll actually earn on the card at your current spending levels.
4. Are there additional bonus categories on the card? Selecting a card that allows you to earn on more than 1 category is the best scenario.
While not everyone is interested in credit card rewards, everyone has to buy food. And if you’re spending a bundle at the grocery store each month anyway, why not earn some cash back in the process?
The best cash back cards for grocery stores make the process easy, offer a ton of rewards, and don’t charge fees or make you jump through a bunch of hoops. As long as you pay your bill in its entirety each month so you never pay interest on your purchases, this is the closest thing to “free money” you’ll ever find.